For Pathology & Laboratory Medicine-Karachi The Aga Khan University Qualification:
- PhD in applicable field or discipline
- Good wet-lab experience using sequencing based technologies, both Sanger sequencing and Next-generation sequencing for investigation of pathogen genetics and familiar with whole genome, exome, and RNA sequencing
- Knowledge of appropriate laboratory and technical equipment
- Demonstrated excellence in research via a strong publication record in related field and have hands on experience running NGS assays with full confidence through the workflow
- Ability to assess critical situations and give analytical solution knowledge of research in practical and/or basic sciences and scientific publications
- Assist senior faculty in conducting, managing and planning research project by determining theoretical aspects of problem & selecting methods of approach.
- Work with assigned faculty on specific research projects and contribute to writing of grants and research papers. .
- Familiar with bioinformatics analysis tools and conduct experiments
- Devise instrumentation & techniques to record & collect test results and correlate data compiled in research & interpret the results.
- Develop new concepts, methods & techniques to solve scientific problems.
- Analyze theories & research findings to determine applications. carry out literature survey, data searching & retrieval, utilizing a variety of techniques & technologies. contribute directly to the development of a research strategy for on-going research projects. compile information, data & practice exemplars for publications.
- Prepare qualitative & quantitative analysis of data. prepare write-up of the results, manuscripts of paper & presentation. enter experimental data in appropriate software & participate in data analysis.
- Keep & maintain research records and assist in Grant writing & submission.
- Supervising research volunteers & medical students in research projects.
- Manage Inventory of reagents & consumables of the project
- City Karachi
- Currency Pakistan Rupees – PKR
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Career Level Mid-Career
- Education Major PhD
- Degree Doctorate
- Preferred Nationality Pakistan
- Gender Any
- Speciality 1 Molecular Biology