State Bank of Pakistan, Karachi Qualification:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree (with a minimum of 16 years of education) in Engineering (Computer Software Systems, Telecommunication or similar discipline), Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or Business Administration from an HEC recognized university
- Minimum 10 years with 04 years in senior management at least position
- Strategically review and align functions of the department with overall objectives of the Bank and streamline processes/ activities to achieve strategic outcomes and Formulate draft strategy for development of payment systems including payment instruments/ mechanisms and new players for approval of the senior management.
- Supervise development and implementation of Payment Systems Oversight Framework, including policy proposals on new aspects of payment systems, including policies on E-commerce & Remittances to ensure smooth running of market operations. Additionally, supervise formulation of Fintech Framework and Fintechs enablement in Pakistan through issuance of Fintech guidelines.
- Oversee implementation of Payment systems related action items stated in National E-Commerce policy framework and National Payment Systems Strategy (NPSS) and Provide strategic and macro level view on retail payments infrastructure and facilitate implementation of new innovative technologies in retail payments domain.
- Maintain oversight over developments in the Payment Systems Policy framework of other central banks, regulatory bodies and other entities and suggest inputs & improvements in SBP’s existing regulatory framework, which involves making revisions/ further enhancing Payment System policy framework in light of the directives provided by Payments Systems Policy Committee (PSPC) and other stakeholders.
- Oversee Payment Systems, payment schemes and other critical Financial Markets Infrastructures (like CDC, NCCPL being direct member of RTGS) as per international standards like Principles of Financial Markets Infrastructure (PFMIs) and oversight of the payment functions of banks and branchless banks.
- Review & approve cases of PSOs/PSPs, and EMIs for issuance of new licenses in order to provide facilitation / enablement of PSOs/PSPs, EMIs and Fintechs so their licensing requirements can be fulfilled as per SBP Policy Framework. Ensure operational cybersecurity of payment systems, ADCs and instruments especially those pertaining to digital payment systems as well as maintain oversight over the cyber security incidences reported by banks. Review Business Plan, Manpower Plan and Budget of the department and ensure its successful completion, as well as supervise timely completion of the developmental projects and take steps to nourish the effective leadership in departmental team and capacity enhancement of available resources
- City Karachi
- Currency Pakistan Rupees – PKR
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Career Level Executive/Director
- Years of experience (Min) 10
- Education Major MS/MCS/ME
- Preferred Nationality Pakistan
- Gender Any
- Age Max 50
- Speciality 1 Admin