For Graduate School of Media & Communications The Aga Khan University Qualification:
- PhD in a relevant discipline – Journalism or Media and Communication from a recognized university.
- 3-5 years of teaching experience at university level.
- Experience in working with graduate students is essential and Experience in blended teaching, both online and in person
- Strong research and/or practice portfolio and demonstrate achievement in academic delivery, development of course content and outlines.
- Teach across the GSMC academic programs including EMMLI, MADJ and Strategic Communications and train in the professional development courses.
- Collaborate with AKU colleagues to create online content to support the teaching of academic and professional development courses.
- Conduct and evaluate students’ performance through examinations and other assessment parameters as per university guide.
- Counsel and coach students on course-related matters, career path planning, advising on thesis establishment and development as well as guiding on projects.
- Contribute to the development of new curriculum and/or the review of existing curricular and Provide leadership and subject matter expertise in journalism, digital media, media leadership and communications.
- Actively work towards research funding, by writing proposals, engaging in grant applications and hosting research conventions
- City Nairobi
- Currency Kenya Shillings – KES
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Career Level Mid-Career
- Years of experience (Min) 3
- Years of experience End ( Max) 5
- Education Major PhD
- Degree Doctorate
- Preferred Nationality Pakistan
- Gender Any
- Speciality 1 Journalism
- Speciality 2 Media
- Speciality 3 Communication