Pakistan Petroleum Limited, Karachi
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Bachelor of Laws or Juris Doctor from a reputable local or foreign university/institute recognized by the Higher Education Commission
- LLM or Bar-at-Law would be preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to develop, implement, and execute an organization-wide legal and commercial strategy that safeguards a solid legal position while maintaining a profitable business.
- Possess the capacity to take overall responsibility for designing, developing and delivering the organization’s legal strategy and services, ensuring full compliance and accountability. Oversee all litigation pending against PPL and its affiliated companies in various courts and judicial forums for timely and efficient resolution, adequately safeguarding PPL’s legal and commercial interests and rights in favourable outcomes.
- Able to efficiently represent PPL in a variety of industry, institutional, and/or professional forums, boards and committees to promote the company’s brand and efforts. Ensure that PPL has good relations with regulators, authorities and PPL’s joint venture partners.
- Capable of ensuring that timely legal advice is provided to management at every stage of its business to ensure that the company is not exposed to any unwarranted liabilities, claims damages and penalties.
- Capable of taking full responsibility for designing, developing and delivering the company’s commercial contract management strategy. Oversee smooth and efficient commercial negotiations for new business transactions, including share purchase, petroleum concession, production sharing, farm-in/ farm-out, assignment, joint operating, gas sales, gas processing, gas pricing and crude oil sales agreements) within and outside Pakistan to ensure that all oil and gas produced from PPL assets is timely sold at best possible prices.
- Able to plan, lead and manage all activities of the compliance function and lead the design and implementation of the organization’s compliance policy to facilitate overall assessment and sustainability of the established compliance strategy while ensuring adherence to regulatory standards.
- Able to ensure that all licenses and approvals from regulators and authorities required for conducting petroleum operations are obtained in time. Review of all contracts and tenders to assess if these are acceptable from legal and commercial perspective.
- City Karachi
- Currency Pakistan Rupees – PKR
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Career Level Management
- Years of experience (Min) 19
- Education Major LLM
- Preferred Nationality Pakistan
- Gender Male
- Speciality 1 Legal