United Nation Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), Austria Requisition ID: 776 Qualification:
- Completed higher secondary education (high school diploma or equivalent), is required. Formal administrative/secretarial/clerical training or equivalent, is desirable.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in the related fields of the post, is required with experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), internet search engines, is required and experience with office procedures and practices, preferably within the UN system or in a multicultural environment, is desirable.
- Experience in project administration, accounting and finance, providing support to managerial/professional staff and using secretarial/administrative skills to assist in the execution of project development and implementation of work, is desirable and experience with SAP or similar ERP software is desirable. Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Fluency and/or working knowledge of another official UN language, particularly Chinese or French is desirable.
- Screen incoming mail and draft replies for supervisor’s signature on non-technical aspects and provide relevant background/project information whenever necessary to supervisor(s); keep track of pending matters, follow up with other offices on deadlines. Screen phone calls and visitors.
- Respond to moderately complex information requests and inquiries as necessary, as well as to refer queries to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Draft routine correspondence (both on TC-related and administrative matters) and put them into adequate style, language and format;
- Proofread documents and edit texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style in accordance with standard practices and in compliance with the UNIDO Correspondence Manual and perform general administrative tasks like arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, budget follow-up, research for information and reference material.
- Prepare requests/documents, e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests/authorizations, expenditure authorizations, visa applications, etc.
- Maintain files (both paper and electronic) and databases related to work.
- City Vienna
- Currency Austria Schillings – ATS
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Career Level Mid-Career
- Years of experience (Min) 6
- Degree High school or equivalent
- Preferred Nationality Any Nationality
- Gender Any
- Speciality 1 Secretarial