Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilizations, The Aga Khan University (International) Salary: £41,000 per annum
- Graduate degree in HR or related field or an equivalent CIPD qualification
- At least 2-3 years of prior HR experience in the UK. Pro-active, detail oriented, skilled at time management with the ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment, Health & Safety and Immigration law.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both writing and verbally, with professionalism and discretion.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages and ability to learn using different HR systems.
- Provide guidance and input on structures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Provide support to manage HR-related matters alongside employee lifecycle. Responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining the annual HR budget for the academic entity. Identify new roles and/or existing job openings and administer end-to-end recruitment and selection.
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers. Maintain in-depth knowledge of UK employment law and other legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees. Develop, update and implement HR policy guidance and provide advice and interpretation.
- Provide advice to managers on performance management, such as coaching, counselling, career development.
- Identify and discuss performance issues with managers and provide advice and support on employee relations issues.
- Develop and administer annual training plan and participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs.
- Evaluate staffing needs and structure benefits and compensation packages with salary benchmarking data and practices.
- Administer payroll and pension and manage all other benefits offered to employees. Ensure compliance with UK immigration regulations, including policy guidance on Skilled Worker visa, GAE and business visitors.
- Provide advice and support to colleagues on visa processes, maintain records and assist with internal and external audits. Maintain HR records in line with regulatory and institutional requirements including administration and maintenance of HR systems.
- Ensure timely completion of mid-probation and end-of-probation reviews.
- Develop and ensure implementation of action plans from staff surveys, appraisals and exit interviews.
- City London
- Currency United Kingdom Pounds – GBP
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Career Level Mid-Career
- Years of experience (Min) 2
- Education Major BBA
- Preferred Nationality Any Nationality
- Gender Any
- Speciality 1 HRM