State Bank of Pakistan, Karachi Qualification:
- LLB from an HEC recognized university or from a reputable foreign university.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant field/ legal affairs
- Must be fully conversant with drawing up and reviewing contracts, drafting legislation and rules, negotiations and notifications relating to autonomous body like SBP and analyzing, interpreting the laws.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be able to coordinate with external lawyers and appear before the Court / other Forums and must possess valid license to practice as Advocate.
- Receive case from supervisor for developing draft legal opinion and in this regard review case details, hold meetings with relevant internal stakeholders (if needed) to develop a comprehensive understanding of the case, research for precedence, assess legal implications for SBP and consequently assist in preparing draft note with legal opinion and submit to competent authority for review.
- Receive contracts, speaking order, guidelines, bonds etc. from relevant department through supervisor, examine to evaluate legal implications for the Bank, suggest/draft amendments as necessary and submit to competent authority for approval
- Prepare for court case (as assigned by the supervisor), and appear in court to provide guidance to SBP officers (under examination) and represent SBP and its subsidiaries in Court to defend the Bank’s interest on low risk cases. Receive complaints against Bank/MFBs from Ombudsman through supervisor, coordinate with complainants to investigate situation, prepare a compliance report and submit to competent authority prior to presenting to Ombudsman. Receive notice from Lahore High Court, through supervisor regarding case filed against another Bank by (their) employee, facilitate in resolving the complaint through conducting a formal inquiry and submitting findings to the Court, under the guidance of competent authority.
- Receive complaints/queries from external authorities (NAB, FIA, FBR etc.) related to taxation, licensing etc. investigate case in coordination with relevant department, vet response prepared by department and send to competent authority for approval. If required present findings in relevant courts.
- Prepare a summary of court proceedings and submit to competent authority for review and information and further action on subsequent hearing.
- Receive requests for provision of communication with citizens from Pakistan Information Commission, prepare file and submit to competent authority for review.
- City Karachi
- Currency Pakistan Rupees – PKR
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Career Level Mid-Career
- Years of experience (Min) 3
- Education Major LLB
- Preferred Nationality Pakistan
- Gender Any
- Age Max 30
- Speciality 1 Legal Banking Affairs