Pakistan National Shipping Corporation, Karachi Qualification:
- Certificate of Competency Class 1 (Motor).
- 1-2 years sailing experience as chief engineer on bulk carrier / general cargo / container. 1-2 years’ experience as superintendent engineer would be preferred.
- Ensuring that ships are maintained accordingly to international regulations and complying with all company procedures. Ensuring that statutory and classification surveys for all plants and equipment on fleet ships are carried out. Control of assigned budgets. Investigating major machinery failures and any resulting insurance claims.
- Dealing with non-conformities covering technical procedures of the S.M.S both ashore and afloat and Ensuring that the ships are maintained in efficient operating condition, and all statutory and classification requirements for unrestricted operation of the ships are fulfilled.
- Monitoring and Developing planned maintenance system for the ships and ensure that this is followed by the ships and improve where found necessary.
- Keeping a constant check on technical performance of the ships and ensure that all records and documents are maintained in proper order in accordance with a uniform system for all the ships.
- Checking the technical reports received from the ship, analyses and takes necessary corrective action.
- Ensure that Electric / Electronic installations, Navigational aids, communication equipment, automotive and remote control devices on board PNSC vessels are maintained in proper working order.
- Ensuring that all the stores and spares are maintained properly and correctly recorded.
- Check the indents for stores and machinery spares from the ships and follow-up with stores and supply department to ensure that the approved quantities are delivered to the ship in time and Compile the list of repairs, with full specifications of each item to be attended during dry docking of the ship, pass these on to the technical services section well in time for finalizing the dry docking specification, and calling the tenders and deciding the shipyard where the vessel is to be dry docked (Refer to Section 11.4 of CPM).
- Attend dry docking of the ship to ensure that all the work is carried out expeditiously and correctly.
- Prepare preliminary budget estimates for the cost of repairs and maintenance of the ships under his control and co-ordinate for stores and supply department in preparation of budget estimates for the supply of stores and spares.
- Finalize all the budget estimates in co-ordination with the fleet management department.
- Ensure that the expenditure is controlled within the approved budget and furnish monthly statements of the expenditure to the Fleet Management Department.
- Keep watch on developments relating to national and international safety regulation.
- Ensuring that all relevant requirement of SOLAS and MARPOL are met by the ships and shipboard safety Organization effectively and Ensure that relevant SMS Files are maintained as per SMS document filing record.
- City Karachi
- Currency Pakistan Rupees – PKR
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Career Level Mid-Career
- Years of experience (Min) 1
- Years of experience End ( Max) 2
- Education Major Certificate of Competency Class 1 (Motor).
- Preferred Nationality Pakistan
- Gender Male
- Age Max 55
- Speciality 1 Shipping