United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), Vienna, Austria Minimum Annual salary: 57,880 USD USD Requisition ID: 1950 Qualification:
- Advanced university degree in Energy, Engineering, Economics, Environmental Science, Finance or other field relevant to UNIDO’s mandate is required. Specific specialization in climate technology innovation is an asset
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant professional work experience is required. Work experience including practical application of the context of technical cooperation activities is desirable; Knowledge of intergovernmental affairs and interagency cooperation on sustainable development and climate change issues gained through studies or through work in the public or private sector is required; Experience in evaluating the needs, conditions and problems in developing countries is desirable.
- Main Responsibilities: Program Development:
- Makes proposals and contributes by gathering information and analyzing data for the development and formulation of technical cooperation projects/programs in the area of low-carbon, climate-friendly and clean energy technologies, innovation and entrepreneurship in line with the guidelines and procedures governing the delivery of UNIDO services, and obtains internal approval.
- Program Implementation: Participates in projects/program implementation ensuring that assigned inputs are delivered on time at the right level of quality and within the allocated budget. This will entail the preparation of the necessary inputs (consultant job descriptions, terms of reference, training arrangements, equipment specifications, etc.), following up their implementation, including missions to the project sites, as well as support of oversight meetings in the field and at headquarters, contribution to projects/programs reviews, and assisting the Evaluation Group in its evaluations of projects / programs.
- Funds Mobilization: Cooperates with other divisions in-house in mobilizing the funds necessary for project and program implementation.
- Global Forum Function: Assists in the preparation for UNIDO’s global forum activities (conferences, seminars, expert group meetings, etc.) and in their running and prepares technical papers or other inputs for these Prepares UNIDO publications and other information dissemination aids and tools. Keeps abreast of technical and economic developments in the areas of the Division’s mandate, in particular with regard to investment promotion services, through close contacts with specialized institutions and industry representatives, following the technical press, market developments and trends
- City Vienna
- Currency Austria Schillings – ATS
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Career Level Mid-Career
- Years of experience (Min) 1
- Degree Master's degree
- Preferred Nationality Any Nationality
- Gender Any
- Speciality 1 Energy
- Speciality 2 Engineering