State Bank of Pakistan, Karachi Qualification:
- LLB from an HEC recognized university or from a reputable foreign university.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant field/ legal affairs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be fully conversant with drawing up and reviewing contracts, drafting legislation and rules, negotiations and notifications relating to autonomous body like SBP and analyzing, interpreting the laws.
- Must be able to coordinate with external lawyers and appear before the Court / other Forums and must possess valid license to practice as Advocate.
- Receive case from supervisor for developing draft legal opinion and hold meetings with relevant internal stakeholders (if needed) to develop a comprehensive understanding of the case, research for precedence, assess legal implications for SBP and consequently assist in preparing draft note with legal opinion and submit to competent authority for review.
- Receive legal documents like contracts, bonds etc. from relevant department through supervisor, examine to evaluate legal implications for the Bank, suggest necessary amendments and submit to higher authority for approval.
- Prepare for court case under supervision of competent authority and appear in court to provide guidance to SBP officers (under examination) and represent SBP and its subsidiaries in Court to defend the Bank’s interest.
- Subsequently, prepare a summary of court proceedings and submit to competent authority for review and information and further action on subsequent hearing. Contact and arrange for an external counsel when directed by supervisor to represent SBP on high profile cases. Hire an external counsel for cases in different cities, or sometimes travel to different cities to represent the Bank and its subsidiaries in Court. Receive complaints/queries from external authorities (NAB, FIA, FBR etc.) related to taxation, licensing etc., investigate case in coordination with relevant department, vet response prepared by department and send to competent authority for approval.
- Receive requests for provision of communication with citizens from Pakistan Information Commission, prepare file and submit to competent authority for review.
- City Karachi
- Currency Pakistan Rupees – PKR
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Career Level Mid-Career
- Years of experience (Min) 3
- Education Major LLB
- Preferred Nationality Pakistan
- Gender Any
- Age Max 30
- Speciality 1 Legal Affairs