Pakistan Petroleum Limited, Karachi Qualification:
- Master’s degree in geosciences or mineral/ mining economics from a reputable local or foreign institution/ university recognized by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
- At least least 20 years of experience, including 10 years in exploration of natural resources. Preference would be given to candidates with recent working experience in mineral exploration and mining industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of guiding/ mentoring the mineral exploration directorate while maintaining strategic oversight by developing and directing mineral exploration strategy in line with the company’s vision.
- Able to define and direct the company’s exploration strategy and identify and evaluate new projects for potential acquisition through competitive bidding, JV/ farm-in and identification of open area(s) with mineral potential and Capable of assessing minerals deposits in Pakistan and defining a strategy to develop and implement mineral exploration and development programs and Able to coordinate technical, commercial and legal due diligence of mineral projects.
- Capable of developing a project(s) portfolio aligned with company´s exploration strategy.
- Able to train, develop and lead a technically-skilled mineral exploration team to deliver company’s exploration strategy and Capable of monitoring and executing exploration programs to ensure that objectives are met in time and within the budget.
- Able to define and implement performance standards, exploration procedures and QA/QC systems, ensuring that exploration programs are conducted in accordance with industry best practices.
- Capable of supervising and providing inputs for preliminary economic assessment/ scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies and Have working experience in Baluchistan or other parts of the country